Monday, March 3, 2008

first day back in the office



ok...so i'm not working 9 to 5. not yet. fortunately, my company has allowed me 4 weeks of half days to transition back to the office...and that started today!

needless to say i was very apprehensive about leaving garrett & heading back to the office. especially since brian had to make a last minute business trip to denver this morning & i was going to be doing the whole getting ready (me & garrett), dropping garrett off @ the nanny's, etc. without him. but in the end, i think that helped (+ the 1,376,981 people praying that i wouldn't have a nervous breakdown over it all)! i was so "rushed" i didn't have time to think about it. so after a sweet smile from my little guy & one last hug, i headed out the door back to my office.

garrett did great & nanny melton said he had fun watching the other two girls she keeps (ages 4 & 3) run around & play, they went for a walk, he napped well, took all of his bottle - was a sweet boy! yahoo!

4 comments:

LWB said...

So glad it's all going smoothly and hope it continues to do so. He is so stinkin' cute! I just can't stand it.

xoox

April Lyda said...

So handsome. What a cute little man! I hope that the whole transition is as easy as today. Just remember he knows that nobody loves him like his mama. He'll never forget it! Have you gotten any surprises in mail lately? Just curious.

Susan said...

you're doing great, Mama B!!
xoxo

JAMES & SUSAN said...

He's getting so big already. I hope that you've been doing okay with the transition of going back to work...

Love ya!