Thursday, March 13, 2008

BFFs...Joy, Beth & Jill



I know people talk about their friends & say "oh, I've known them my whole life!" When in reality, they've known them only some very small portion of time in their life. These two girls, I've actually know my whole life. Literally.

In the baby nursery of Northside Baptist Church in Charlotte, NC, we all became friends! We entered kindergarten @ the Academy together...and somehow managed to not get kicked out (although we did get our share of demerits, discipline committee & in school suspensions) & graduate from high school in 1994! (Wow, that was 14 years ago!) There were plenty of other friends, boys, good times & mistakes along the way...But one thing I'm eternally gratefully for - that hasn't come & gone - is the friendship we've maintained for 31 years. That's a long time people.

Joy & Jill, I just wanted to tell you both how much I love you. How much I admire your marriages, your parenting, your lives...You are both beautiful - inside & out. You are each role models for me in your own ways. Your calm & peaceful spirit, Joy, and Jill, your fire & zest for life are inspiring. Thank you for being my friend...I love you both! I wish we had more time together, but I'm always grateful for the moments we're able to enjoy when I'm in town. xoxoxo

2 comments:

LWB said...

So fun. Old friends are the best!

xoxo

JillerB said...

i've heard that jill girl is an awesome friend - ha! Your comments are so sweet. I am honored to have made it onto your blog :) I love you too and wish we lived closer. Jill