Monday, January 7, 2008

Watch Garrett Grow!

One of my girlfriend's told me before I had Garrett that while I was on maternity leave the day's would be long, but the weeks would go fast...I don't know, it all feels like it's going pretty quickly.

Garrett has (to Brian & me) changed so much already in this first month! His birth weight was 7 pounds, 4 ounces...at my appointment last week he was up to 8 pounds, 11 ounces at around 3.5 weeks old! His cheeks are getting chubbier (which I adore!) and he's starting to become more verbal during his awake time. We don't know if he's smiling at us (or just has some serious gas) but during his awake time he follows our faces, responds to our voices and appears as though he's smiling at us - we don't care if he really is smiling AT US or not...we love seeing it! :-) He loves to swing & tracks with the mobile above his head. When we burp him he loves to hold his head straight up and look around...we call it his frogger look!

While everyone tells you that having a baby changes your life, nothing anyone can say prepares you for these feelings. It's amazing & we highly recommend parenthood (if/when you're ready to take the leap)...Our life post-baby truly will never be what our life pre-baby was...And I wouldn't trade in our pre-baby life for anything...But this is pretty amazing, people!

So, here are some highlights of our monkey's first month! The month to come is already full of exciting plans, including visits from all of the grandparents!

From top to bottom: White Family's First Christmas at home; Garrett hanging out in his swing on a Sunday morning; What you talkin' about, Willis? (a look he gave me after he finished nursing); in the hospital with our friends Laurie, Susan & Kelly Jo



2 comments:

Susan said...

Beth, it's so fun to hear you talk like this and loving every moment of becoming a mother...we all knew you would love it and be great at it! Keep those pix of little G coming! they do grow up so fast and looking at them makes me remember those days with kari.
xoxo

LWB said...

I love all the pics - especially the 2nd to last where he has such a serious look on his face. So glad to hear that you are enjoying yourself so much; I know you are fabulous mom!

xoxo