Friday, January 18, 2008

Our little love bug


This week my mom has been in town..."supposedly" she came to spend time with us. We realize there is no longer an "us", it's a "Garrett"! :-) The great thing? Garrett started smiling the moment Grandmom walked through the door - literally...she took him & he started smiling so sweetly at her.

So much of Garrett's personality is coming out...he seems to be responding to us in new ways...tons of smiles to Mommy on Thursday morning while she was singing to him...smiling at Grandmom nearly every time she'd talk to him while holding him in her arms, of course!...making happy noises for Daddy while he gets ready for work in the mornings...

We love snuggling with our little love bug...he makes our day!



5 comments:

Susan said...

Oh how sweet!! I just love all of little G's expressions, and of course seeing all the pix! That first picture with your mom is soooo sweet! It's so much fun when they start responding to you. Keep those updates coming!
xoxo

LWB said...

Sweetness! Garrett has very arresting eyes - I think they will become quite piercing as he gets older. I smiled reading about the part of the Grandmother coming to see "us" - it's so universal- and our parents do it too...."yeah, yeah, nice to see you, now where's Elise?!" :)

xoxo

EAJan678 said...

Never again will anyone come and be excited to see you, hug you, visit you, etc. etc. etc. I get off the plane and about 2 hours later do I get greeted and hugged by my mom.
So glad y'all are having such a fun time :) It only get better!!

EAJan678 said...

Sorry I guess I should explain EAJan678 is Ashley Jansen - sorry about that!

Andrew and Denise said...

I know what you mean. My dad just left and they were perfectly content to sit and hold(spoil) them. It is great to have them around though becuase they are some of the only people that love your baby as much as you do. 7 hours! Doesn't it feel great? We are back to 10 again for the last 3 nights and they are feeling much better and so am I!