Wednesday, September 24, 2008

i love this boy

 

my nephew is a little man...and yet all fun, crazy boy! he has been here visiting this week with my mom & i've had so much fun. his personality is just so engaging & joyful! i love the time i get to spend with him...which isn't enough!

this week...i went for a run & clay accompanied me on his bike...we went to the soft play area @ the mall where he showed garrett how to scale the slides! (& garrett can do it now!)...yesterday we went to a park & he & i went on a 5-mile bike ride while mom & garrett waited for us back at the park...

last night i taught him how to play a dice game (Fill or Bust!) & if he starts running a dice game in his neighborhood later this month, don't go blaming me - the kid's a natural - naturally lucky with the dice, that is!...& today we went to another park for playgroup (clay & mom came along!) & C was so fabulous with G & the other little baby that was there - C is so fantastic with little ones, btw - he's totally entertained G this week & it's been a HUGE help & so neat to watch!...tonight it was more dice & then we made cupcakes!

quotes from clay this week:

"aunt beth, you don't weigh that much!" - in response to my saying i didn't think a balance beam @ the park would hold me.

"one day girls are going to want to dance with me. & that's fine. as long as they're sexy girls." - in response to me dancing with him in my kitchen tonight. i'm *still* laughing @ that one!

"you know the best part about being here aunt beth? my sister's not!...oh, and seeing garrett!" - hahahahaha! completely unprompted...i think he was happy to escape my 3-year-old niece for a few days on a special trip with grandmom to atlanta!

poor clay...aunt beth said he could lick the frosting spreader & then she mashed it on his face! :-( i offered to let him get me back & he wouldn't do it! ugh...his daddy would've NEVER passed on that offer when we were kids!

think that clay is a budding photographer! he took this picture of garrett earlier in the week...does it even look like him? he was laughing so hard @ clay!

4 comments:

JAMES & SUSAN said...

So great that you got to spend time with your nephew- he looks so much like Brian!!!
Aren't kids great. I love my "girls night" with my nieces and I get to hear all the wonderful, innocent things that they say.
Love you guys!!!!

Susan said...

Clay is such a handsome young fellow! What a treat for you to have him with you all week! And, that little G is getting so big!!!

Anonymous said...

aww...I just got caught up with your blog. your pictures are amazing--and sweet Garrett is absolutely beautiful. I'm glad to see you had so much fun with your nephew. you guys make 'family' look and feel a bit Norman Rockwell to me. ;)
can't wait to see you all soon!

JillerB said...

how fun that your mom and Clay came to visit. Sounds like a great time together. Clay is SO Brian. My goodness! Glad your having a fun week.