Sunday, June 21, 2009

happy father's day!


it's amazing to journey into parenthood. it's amazing to watch your spouse grow into a parent alongside you...for me, my love for brian has increased exponentially since having garrett (& becoming pregnant w/ baby girl).

brian, you're a wonderful in father in so many ways. you give so much of yourself in being a dad by caring for garrett in any way he needs & in the fun ways that will make your relationship with him unique. i know you will be the same with our little girl, in fact we'll see a new side of you as a dad to a daughter, i would think. :-) thank you for giving to our family as a father. we are blessed that you are ours! happy father's day! love, your biggest fans (beth & garrett) :-)

my seasonal color reminds me of my grandfather. the only one i ever knew. as long as i can remember, his yard each summer had marigolds. they make me happy & remind me of the countless days & nights i spent enjoying his laughter (which was endless) & love...being his *jewel*. there's something so incredibly special in the grandparent relationship.

it's amazing to watch your own father become a grandfather to your child (even though I'd watched him with my nephew & niece for years; same with brian's dad & our nephew). but seeing them love your child is a beautiful experience. my dad's very quiet...his play is intentional & patient with garrett...since dad usually finishes a meal first, he's the first to get up & walk w/ the kids in a restaurant, to spend hours upon hours pushing a wagon around or going on long (slow, in garrett's case) walks around their yard. happy father's day, dad - i love you! (garrett 9 months old)

garrett said, "don't even think about moving me from this man's lap!" (garrett 3.5 months old). brian's dad is quite gregarious...he has a special song for garrett ("hurrah for garrett!") & is constantly teaching garrett a new sound or showing him how to ride a broom like a horsey. we love you, gary - garrett can't wait to see you later this week!

after pictures with daddy this afternoon, garrett went on a stroll through our front bed.

1 comment:

Cstargel said...

I was totally thinking about you today and just SO SORRY you are pregnant in this HEAT! Hope you are staying in the A.C.!