Wednesday, July 2, 2008

my new boss drools


so...after a not so long stint back into my life as a career woman, i finally put my job to rest on june 13. my heart was being called home...to brian & garrett. knowing that - for me - being the wife & mother of excellence i desire, was simply not possible as a working girl.

the decision, in many ways, was very simple. and in other ways it has presented me with a new set of *issues* to work through in my identity, in my relationships, in my beliefs, etc. i am suprised (though most have said you are not!) at how i am already relishing my new roles. the ways i am finding myself more fulfilled and at peace. i have found a renewed energy that seems to come with the start of a school year, a new job, moving into a new place...whatever the change is.

and already i've experienced the questioning about my new roles...ignorantly, i am sure i've asked this question of other women before i had kids, but...people are already saying "what are you doing with all your time?" are you kidding? what's funny is how many of my stay @ home mom friends have said people ask them the same things...one friend has twin 3-year-olds & people *still* ask her what she does all day! WHAT? some days are so busy i couldn't begin to list it all out. and some days are so amazingly peaceful that i'm able to watch the *small* developments in garrett occur right in front of my face! i am grateful for brian...that we've chosen this path for our family. i'm grateful that he supported my "being happy" & would've encouraged whichever way i went...

so below you'll see some recent photos of "what i do all day"...my new boss is great, though...big blue eyes, approximately 19 pounds, drools, only 2 teeth, can't feed himself...& btw, if you read our blog - ever, basically - please let us know. just click on comments & leave us a little note...we'd love to hear from you!


see - he does cry! a not so happy moment in garrett's life!


my parents came for a visit over father's day weekend & to watch garrett as i ended my last week of work.


brian's parents came for a visit during my last week of work...to watch garrett (we really had to twist their arms to come!).


crawling could be close? i walked into the family room for a minute & came back to find him far away from the pillow on the right where he'd been sitting when i left!


yesterday garrett ate sweet 'taters for his afternoon *meal*...in the midst of this, he found his hands quite fascinating & kept sticking his hand in his mouth after a bite of food...he then ended up rubbing his hands all over his face - love it!

6 comments:

Andrew and Denise said...

I am so happy for you. I had a feeling this was coming. You will never get this time back, and I know how much your career meant but I also know how much he means to you. Isn't it great? We have the best, yet hardest job in the world, right?

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you. Staying home is so much fun and you will never once regret it. You get to see all those "moments." Garrett is soooo cute-definitely a Houser. I love the blog.Sara

Susan said...

you're doing awesome, girl!....also, i think some people ask what you do all day not b/c they think you're not doing anything, but rather because they truly wonder what it's like to be a SAHM and what your day is like.

Lee said...

I love keeping up with your family and watching Garrett grow. God bless you in your new decision. You're an amazing woman of God.

LWB said...

such a cutie pie. thanks for stopping by the other day - so great to see you both!! I'm glad you'll be around more so we can hang out once things settle down at our house.

xoxo

beth said...

First, Garrett is such a cutie! And now you have even more time to smooch those cheeks!
Second, you will absolutely never regret the decision to stay at home for your family. (Well, you may for brief moments as the kiddos get older! ) But, God will continue to reveal to you the gifts He's already equipped you with to be a "career mom". You'll make new discoveries about yourself that you may not have realized in the corporate world. You were awesome at your previous career, and you'll be awesome at your new role, too. Love ya, girl!