Tuesday, October 7, 2008

i love fall


i love fall. it's pretty much always been my favorite season. i love the crisp feeling in the air. i love pumpkins. i like halloween. i like apples. i love festivals. i love pie. i love the cool nights. i HEART the amazing afternoon weather, particularly in the south - the right mix of sunshine & cool breeze, with the leaves starting to find a tint of orange, red or yellow. & this year, i love fall even more b/c i see it with garrett. he will be ten months old tomorrow. & as each day passes, i love & enjoy him more. we've spent so many days @ the many parks around our house in the last few weeks! this afternoon we hit another one...he loved swinging, climbing through the giant tunnels & then i just threw down a blanket & he played with toys & watched the bigger kids.

today. i love where i am in my life right now. & although, there are surely days where i miss all that my old job offered me...i wouldn't pass on what this time is offering me today. this afternoon - what it gave me. moments with my son. my sweet, beautiful little man. as we contemplate a second child, i realize that the alone time i have with garrett now will subside when baby #2 one day arrives. i realize that my time with baby #2 will also never really be this way...he/she will (almost) always have garrett & any subsequent siblings along. so in this season, i'm also grateful. for the days of solitude i have with garrett. my (not so little) baby!

2 comments:

beth said...

So well said, Beth. Life as you know it now is so short. Just today, as I had my quiet time during the quiet of Emery's nap, I was remembering the days when I just had my two little girls at home with me. Now they are gone all day, and I now have my two boys home...for one more year. So often I wish I could go back in time and watch...if only for a few moments. :) Soak him up, Beth! :)

Lauren said...

OK - That was really sweet. And I've decided that we need to meet at the park some days. We can go for a walk or play with G, but it would be a great way for us to hang out...and for me to get OUT of the office. Let's make that happen :-)